I hope you have been doing well during challenges of these times.
I realize it has been a while since many of you have had bodywork, and you may be feeling it!
I have kept abreast of the recommendations from public health agencies and the latest research on transmission routes for the COVID virus. Here’s what I have learned.
- Gatherings that take place indoors and in confined spaces appear to be the major contributors to the spread of COVID19.,
- Viral particles can go airborne and spread through HVAC and ventilation systems.
- Sunshine appears to kill the virus rather quickly.,
- Some people who get infected with the COVID-19 virus never have any symptoms. (I have no scientific evidence to support this but I figure since you are someone who invests in your health, the chances that you could carry and transmit the virus without symptoms may be higher than most.)
At this time, I feel there are too many variables beyond my control for my office space in Charlottesville to be a safe space to do my work. First and foremost, the ventilation system distributes the indoor air through a number of offices.
I have put protections in place to protect us both from the COVID virus.
I am setting up a beautiful creekside outdoor treatment space on my property near Sherando Lake (a 35 minute drive from Charlottesville) I have also modified my sunroom as a treatment space. It has plenty of ventilation and infrared heaters. I can also come to you if you have an outside deck or similar place to work with plenty of ventilation.
Here’s what I’m asking you to do:
- Wash/sanitize hands before we begin
- Wear a face mask while we work, even if you don’t have symptoms.
- Be healthy, no temperature, nothing unusual in the last few days, body aches can be a reason you come to see me but can also be a symptom of infection. May require intake form and temperature check before session. Please cancel your appointment if you develop a fever or any unusual symptoms, or if you have had symptoms in the last 7 days.
- Schedule your appointment by phone (just like back in the ’90s) so we can talk before we work and make sure we make clear arrangements.
- Try to use the restroom before you head out.
- Come straight to the appointment rather than do a bunch of errands around town first. Or if I am coming to you, I will come straight there with clean clothes.
And here’s what I’ll do for you:
- I will wear a face mask while working.
- I will wash/sanitize my hands often.
- Use CDC protocols for cleaning equipment and sheets.
- Work on you with clean clothes.
- I will not go out in public before I see you.
Most of this is weather dependent so we will need to be flexible.
Please let me know of your thoughts or concerns with this plan. It may change as more evidence comes to light. For now with what I can discern, I feel safe offering you these options. I wish you the best of health and look forward to seeing you soon.